Holland is biking and biking is Holland!
Although Holland is not the most obvious destination country in the world, it appears to be a perfect destination for Au Pairs for very different reasons; people do not only come to Holland to admire the tulips, the mills, the cheese, the cows, canals, museums, Dutch villages and the wooden shoes. Au Pairs also choose Holland because Dutch people attach much value to family life and they have active social lives. Dutch people are friendly, open-minded and interested in people from all over the world.
Our International partner is a member of both the International Au Pair Association (IAPA) and the Dutch Au Pair Association (BONAPA) as well as a partner of Immigration. They provide help with child care to families and at the same time give you the possibility to have an amazing experience abroad. Our professional and accurate screening process takes into account the characteristics of both au pairs and families, assuring the best possible match for everyone! The program aims to make the best possible match between you and your host family, and to give you a great time in the Netherlands. We do place Au Pairs throughout the whole country. Most families do not live in the city centres but in suburbs and villages.
Holland offers many events such as festivals, markets, parades, exhibtions, and events are organized throughout the country in every season. Spring mainly offers flower parades and cheese markets. In Summer there's a wealth of dance, music and theatre festivals; Autumn is the time for art and culture, and the Christmas market brings warmth to the cold winter months.
As an Au Pair you will become part of the family, becoming a big sister providing childcare experience in exchange for a room, full board and monthly pocket money.
This cultural exchange program will help young ladies experience the way of life in Holland, while making new friends from all over the world. You will also be able to study a language course. Au paring is a safe way to travel, especially for first time travellers.
EPIC works with a reputable and longstanding au pair agency in the Netherlands, thus assuring the best support structure whilst in Holland. If during your year you experience any problems with your host family, our Netherlands based partner will be able to counsel and assist and if necessary change you to another family. South African au pairs are sought after due to their excellent English Language abilities, we are known as hard workers and are extremely trust worthy.
Included in the programme fee?
- Females & Males aged between 18 and 30 years
- Be able to ride a bicycle
- Valid driver’s licence not a must but an advantage
- Matric or high school equivalent
- Passion and love for children
- Minimum 2 childcare references from non-relatives – extensive childcare experience, preferably more than 500 hours
- Experience with children under 2 years is preferred, as least 200 hours
- Single with no dependents, never married or divorced
- Good attitude
- Fit & Healthy – no medical conditions
- Valid South African passport
- Police Clearance
- A Commitment for 12 months
- Au pair needs to be able to pay for her own airline ticket
Expected from an au pair
- Medical and Travel insurance during your stay
- 320€ Study Allowance to study a language course
- Monthly pocket money of 300€
- Private room and board
- 2 weeks paid vacation during your year
- Carefully screened host family
- Full support from your local area representative
- IND Sponsorship letter
- Au pairs are responsible to working for up to max of 30 hours per week over a 5 day period of no more than 8 hours per day
- 2 days off per week and 1 full week-end off per month
- Need to be willing to do light household duties relating to the children and family eg. making sure bedrooms are tidy – making and changing beds, loading laundry into washing machine and packing clothes away and ironing
- Washing dishes, loading and unloading dishwasher and keeping the kitchen in order and general tidying up
- Preparing meals, snacks, lunches for school going children and taking them to school
- Vacuuming and dusting
- Walking and feeding pets
- Playing with the children and keeping them safe at all times, entertaining them and teaching them about South Africa
- Helping with homework
- Taking the children on outings and activities
R 10 000
Airline ticket (estimate)
International drivers licence (optional)
Program runs yearly January through to December
Once you have paid the mediation fee, you will receive forms that need to be completed and an interview will be done. Once all documents are completed, we will submit everything to our international partner. Your profile will then go into circulation to be viewed by potential host families. Each applicant’s time frame differs, the more comprehensive your application, the better your chances. Please make sure you choose the correct family. Once we have a match we start the process for the Visa. This takes roughly 6-7 weeks. Once we have confirmation that your papers have been approved, an appointment at the Embassy will be made as they require an interview. Once the visa is approved, your journey to an adventure of a lifetime begins.
You will have our full support during the entire process, even once you have landed not only from our partner who will mediate in case of problems and difficult situations but from EPIC
work & travel.
Contact us for a free appointment to discuss the program further.